“Today is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one”
Brad Paisley’s quote is an excellent reminder that fresh starts are everywhere. Every new day, and every new year, brings us an opportunity to start a new journey.
A Fresh Start
Don’t you love the new year? It’s like you can learn from the past few hundred days and dive into a new adventure. I love that it starts in the winter, too, and propels you into the spring, where everything becomes beautiful again. Hence, today’s spring-inspired choice for a poster!
Getting Excited About Goals
If you know me, and you’ve been reading my blog, you know I’m all about goal setting. January is definitely not the only time to set goals! Actually, I set mine every year on my birthday, review every 6 months, and check-up on progress every three months. It keeps me on track!
You have my goal setting template, right? In case you don’t, head over here to sign up for the printables library. You’ll get free, weekly motivational posters delivered to your inbox, too!
If you’d like to know more about goal setting, check out these two recent posts where I detail my strategy:
Books I Read In 2016
For the past few years, I’ve set a reading goal. To my surprise, I surpassed my goal this year, despite my busy schedule! Here are the ones I read: (Click to link to grab your copy. If you’re in the UK/EU, click the link below the images of my top 3 picks)
- Et Si C’était Vrai – A beautiful story about a girl in a coma who is about to be taken off life support. She has consciousness and “visits” a man to make him realize who she is and help her be freed. Also, they fall in love.
- Vous Revoir – The sequel to “Et Si C’Etait Vrai”
- Geisha of Gion – A real Geisha’s story, and a response to the highly fictionalized account Arthur Golden portrays in his popular Memories of a Geisha
- Mr. Nice – the autobiography of a marijuana dealer. A very unique read!
- Paper Towns – A beautifully written, easy to read, coming of age novel by John Green.
- The Girl on the Train – A suspenseful thriller about a recovering alcoholic and her attachment to her ex-husband. The book is much better than the film!
- Liespotting – Science based guide on how to tell if someone is lying to you (not what you’d think!)
- Building A Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook – I couldn’t have started this blog without this book! Abby Lawson starts from the beginning and gets you off on the right foot!
- If You Find This Letter, It’s For You – Hannah Brencher’s memoir is a heartwarming account of what happens when she starts to write letters to lonely strangers.
These were my top three:
However, this was a tough choice! I chose these because they were very different to others I’ve read, but I really enjoyed every book I read this year!
Well, I’ll keep this post short and sweet, so you can enjoy your holiday Monday and start setting your goals!
By the way, I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you in the comments. I know there are a lot of you reading this – thank you! – and I’ve noticed that the comments box is usually empty. Please feel free to share your goals with us!
Happy Goal Setting!
P.S. For my photography fans, I took the photo for the main image in today’s post in 2014 near my good friend Juliet’s home in Norwich, England.
Grab Your Free Motivational Posters!